These signs can apply to BOTH Females & Males. If you or someone you know think you might be in a emotionally abusive relationship... Please know that you are worth more and deserve better. Emotional abuse is the first warning that comes before actual physical abuse. The warning signs may not be obvious to you at first... Take a look at the emotional abuse warning signs i found on the helpguide.org website. Also visit a article i posted back in January 2011.
Do you have inner thoughts & feelings like these?
- feel afraid of your partner much of the time?
- avoid certain topics out of fear of angering your partner?
- feel that you can’t do anything right for your partner?
- believe that you deserve to be hurt or mistreated?
- wonder if you’re the one who is crazy?
- feel emotionally numb or helpless?
Does your partner have the following belittleing behavior?
- humiliate or yell at you?
- criticize you and put you down?
- treat you so badly that you’re embarrassed for your friends or family to see?
- ignore or put down your opinions or accomplishments?
- blame you for his own abusive behavior?
- see you as property or a sex object, rather than as a person?